Eaton’s Residential Wiring Devices Division is currently seeking a Lead Mechanical Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Peachtree City, GA facility. Relocation is available.
This position will have the responsibility of the overall mechanical design of the product. This will include design and analysis of the necessary components. This position will work closely with the Commercial and Industrial Product Manager, Satellite Engineering Sites, Sourcing and Manufacturing personnel to develop the products in an organized and expedient fashion.
This position will also be responsible for the PLS and VAVE activities for the WD segment. Responsibility includes meeting the overall project schedule and budget. Presentation of each stage and completion of the project through the utilization of the Eaton PROLaunch (Six-Sigma) process is required. This role encompasses collaborating with all aspects of product development including the mechanical and electrical team working groups. The candidate will possess excellent hands on technical and communication skills with a proven track record of delivering positive results.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Plan, organize, control, and guide multiple simultaneous projects
- Coordinate with marketing to ensure project specifications are clear, complete, achievable, and consistent with voice of the customer
- Drive continuous improvement by guiding value analysis/value engineering (VA/VE) team to achieve annual cost reduction goals.
- Guide sustaining engineering team efforts, in conjunction with Quality and Production groups, by the timely disposition of non-conforming material and resolve productivity issues with internal and external manufacturing partners
- Ensure design progression via CAD modeling, analysis, drawing release, testing plan creation, test review, and coordinate with internal and third-party compliance (UL and CSA).
- Ensure project tooling budget and product target cost requirements are being met.
- Coordinate with manufacturing personnel to ensure production site has been identified, production equipment and other requirements are being put in place and production readiness is achieved.
- Conduct design reviews as well as the Design and Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (DFMEA, PFMEA) sessions to identify project risks and develop response plans
- Be responsible for project management activities designated in Eaton PROLaunch (Six-Sigma) process and in conjunction with other team members present the project status at Executive Tollgate Sessions.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience including project management/leadership.
- Minimum of 3 years of 3D modeling software experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and in the future.
- MS in Mechanical Engineering or similar from an accredited institution
- Familiarity with all design, manufacturing and regulatory (UL, CE, etc.) aspects of wiring devices
- Exposure to project management tools
- Proven cross-functional interpersonal and leadership skills plus people development as a coach/mentor
- Experience working with international suppliers and/or customers.
- Experience working with remote engineering resources
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Strong work ethic, flexibility, and a desire to actively contribute to the group’s success.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of plastic part design, sheet metal part design and electrical design principles, plus working process knowledge of thermal/stress analysis, and innovative use of alternative materials.
- Experience with and demonstrated proficiency with PTC Creo 3-D modeling software
- Working knowledge of Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), Design for Manufacturability (dfM), Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Design of Experiments (DOE), and Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) principles
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time