Lead MRO Engineer - Aerospace
Eaton’s Fluid Electrical Distribution division, a part of our Aerospace Sector is currently seeking a Lead Maintenance Repair Overhaul (MRO) Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
The Lead MRO Engineer is responsible for development of new repairs for the Ducting Repair business. In this role, you will assure milestone achievement on led projects ranging from R&D through repair development, qualification, and sustaining engineering.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
You will lead development of new cost effective repair procedures for Eaton and non-Eaton products
You will provide guidance for the direction of the product line, Profit Plan, and technology development, working to become a Subject Matter Expert in the product line, product qualification, and engineering processes
You will develop and execute new regulatory approvals with various government regulatory agencies such as FAA/EASA/CAAC by seeking approval via a Consultant DER
You will communicate effectively internationally and at all organizational levels, supporting Marketing and Sales with technical presentations on the front end side. Demonstrates leadership behavior through successful consulting, auditing, coaching, and mentoring.
You will manage and execute the development of new repair design processes and equipment
You will evaluate and reverse engineer competitor products
You will proactively implement, promote and maintain a safe working environment, through diligence in accident prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance, consistent policy enforcement and good corporate citizenship
Ability to provide leadership, auditing, consulting and mentoring to technical staff (Senior Engineers, Engineers, Designers)
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of design engineering experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience developing 3D CAD models
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now and in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 miles radius of Beltsville, MD will be considered.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Lean 6-sigma methods preferred, including Design for Six Sigma (DFSS/SSDD) Green Belt or Black Belt, or Project Management Professional Certification
- Prior Aerospace Engineering experience
- Proficiency in CATIA v5 and PROEngineer Wildfire
- 5 years of experience in product engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of repair station experience
- Experience working within FAA or aerospace regulatory entity guidelines
- Experience in mechanical design of sealed conveyance components or systems for aircraft (tubes, ducting, rigid and flexible joints and couplers, flanges)
- A&P (Airframe & Power Plant) certification
- Knowledge of AS1895, AS1650, AS7510, AS1710, AS1960, AS4060, and Aerospace Fluid Conveyance a plus – product related
- Material Review Board or non-conformance acceptance experience
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, engineers, customers or the general public.
Ability to coordinate with all functional and service groups to meet customer requirements, drive performance, achieve or exceed financial plans, and execute strategic goals
Ability to lead and mentor engineers, interface with various vendors/suppliers, customers and consultant DER.
Ability to proactively coordinate resources such as the, Test Lab, Quality, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing Engineering.
Ability to define problems, analyze data and draw valid conclusions that result in solid recommendations.
Ability to demonstrate a high level of energy and personal drive.
Ability to demonstrate strong project management and organization skills.
Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence and technical documents.
Please note, certain duties performed by this role require this position to be subject to the guidelines of our Repair Station Certificate and are subject to DOT drug testing.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time