2nd Shift Machine Operator
Eaton’s vehicle group is looking for a Machine Operator to join our team.
The Machine Operator is responsible for production of a bank of machines. This position is located in the Kearney, Nebraska facility and will be working 2nd shift.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will monitor a bank of machines, which includes checking and gauging parts to ensure machines are running to specifications.
- You will adjust machines, tooling, and wheels to keep parts within allowable tolerances.
- You will assist in maintenance and changeover of machinery. This includes completing paperwork and checking gauges after changeovers to approve machines to run
- You will use precision gauging equipment including calipers, micrometers, dial indicators
- You will read process sheets to determine proper dimensions and gauge to use
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area, 60 miles of Kearney NE will be considered
- Understands Statistical Process Control
- Blueprint reading
- Ability to setup machinery
- Ability to read process sheets
- Visual inspection of cold and hot parts
- Entering data into computer
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No