Plater (2nd Shift)
Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a 2nd Shift Plater to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will review work order or schedule established by team leader
- You will read and understand process sheet/blueprint
- You will process parts through plating, passivation, or cleaning lines as required by process specifications (this may involve some fine manipulation/racking of the product, weighs approximately 10 pounds)
- You will log all procedures as dictated by plating specifications in corresponding log book including electroplating, passivation, and pickling; calculate surface area of parts to be plated or cleaned and apply current density according to the plating specifications
- You will operate measuring devices, including micrometers, dial gauges, etc.
- You will run product through processes using rack or barrels (cleaning, plating, passivation pickling) in accordance with plating specifications; setup of fixtures, racks, and barrels utilizing historical data/logs (done with support of team leader and lab technician)
- You will perform daily bath maintenance (this may include filter changing, chemical additions and cleaning of plating lines) as dictated by the maintenance schedule
- You will exercise proper waste disposal under the guidance of team leader and lab technician. Follow shop environmental and safety procedures, including proper personal protection equipment at all times.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must have a minimum one year experience in a manufacturing/operations environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of the Beltsville facility will be considered
- All positions require use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in arms regulations. All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a U.S.Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No