We are looking for a Test Engineer in Eaton’s Vehicle business, based in Shanghai, China.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. The primary function of this role is a position for test engineering focusing on core valve train business in VG China. The test engineer (TE) should run tests for VT in Tech Center lab with test reports. The TE should maintain the lab equipment and instrument ready and functional for all tests and run the tests required by engineering team. It is needed to discuss with PE and AE on the products optimization and modification. The TE should also help his/her supervisor on lab construction.
Essential functions of the role include:
- Plan and conduct product testing using advanced control and data acquisition systems. Reports test results in a clear and concise manner, and makes design recommendations;
- Investigate, specify, procure, install and validate testing equipment.
Coordinate activities with product engineers and a team of technicians.
- Develop and apply the technical and diagnostic skills to verify functionality of test equipment.
- Bring about resolution on technical issues and interface with internal and external groups;
- Frequently use hand tools as needed to perform specialized tests, troubleshoot/repair equipment, etc.
- Good communication both in English and Chinese, High standards for personal performance and work ethics. Communicate with experts abroad and at home on testing and test preparation.
- Test report conducting with Microsoft word, Excel, PPT, Project, etc.
- Proficiency in using CAD and PROE for fixture design.
If you are:
A. 5 year experience, preferable in the automotive industry
B. Engineering degree in automotive engineering or material engineering, Master Degree preferred;
C. Test experience on engine, engine components,
D. Familiar with manufacturing process and tooling/fixture design,
E. Failure analysis is preferred;
F. Familiar with office software;
G. Communication in Chinese and English--writing and oral
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time