Quality Inspector - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Division is currently seeking a Quality Inspector on 1st Shift. This position is based at our La Grange, NC facility
Support Quality Department personnel by processing quality department documentation, updating and maintaining data, gauge calibration, and conducting studies and testing as requested. Support all Quality goals especially scrap reduction efforts.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will apply corrective and preventive actions, including root cause analysis, failure mode and effects analysis and control of nonconforming material.
- You will use Gagetrak software and complete detailed, accurate measurements of calibrated gages.
- You will review and file raw material certificates of analysis and maintain the SAP system for incoming raw material acceptance.
- You will assist with all aspects of PPAP’s including capability studies, GR&R’s, data analysis, and all other documentation.
- You will assist with Quality Lab testing as needed. Collect and ship raw material samples as needed. Conduct process audits as assigned. Complete electrical testing.
- You will quarantine non-conforming material and create non-conforming material tag.
- You will create quality notifications in SAP.
- You will track closure of quality holds in SAP.
- You will block stock/quality hold
- You will be using various measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, micro-vue and CMM.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Three years’ experience in a Manufacturing environment
- ISO Audit Experience
- ASQ Certified Quality Tech
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word and ability to learn new software
- Proficient use of various measuring tools such as gages, calipers, micrometers, micro-vue and CMM.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Must be able to interpret blue prints and specifications and standards such as UL/CSA
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No