IT Support Analyst
Join Eaton’s Information Technology IT team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking an IT Site Infrastructure Support Analyst to join our Infrastructure Center of Excellence (INFCOE). No relocation is being offered for this role. The candidate must reside within 50 miles of the Eaton Jackson, MS plant. The Site Infrastructure Support Analyst will provide client infrastructure (PC, Laptop, PC/Laptop Peripheral, Mobile Device, Printers) support with minimal supervision of a supervisor or senior peer. Customers include all of Eaton’s internal IT users within a specific geographic Zone. This includes monitoring Incident and Request queues and meeting defined SLAs for Incident and Request resolution.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role:
- You will be responsible for the deployment, configuration, and support of hardware (PC, laptop, mobile, printing, etc.), client operating systems, and productivity software for end users.
- You will follow IT Service Management (ITSM) processes: asset management, change management, incident management, request management, problem management, and project management to serve end users and maintain high levels of performance in achieving service level agreements.
- You will be responsible for annual refresh of IT disaster recovery plan, as well as walkthrough of plan with stakeholders if required.
- You will participate in application, infrastructure, security, operational excellence initiatives, and support activities as needed.
- You will participate in trouble-shooting and resolution of larger IT issues. Participate in efforts related to root cause analysis and problem management as needed.
- You will serve as the liaison between IT and users to drive IT standards. Advocate, influence, and assure compliance to IT standards and policies. Share information about best practices with end users to increase user satisfaction and productivity.
- You will participate in internal audits related to IT processes, procedures, software, and systems. Influence budgeting, forecasting, and spending for IT infrastructure as required. Identify opportunities for improvement.
- You will adhere to company policies and procedures always, including, but not limited to: ethics, data protection, information security, human resources, and compliance policies and procedures. Protect both Eaton's physical and information assets.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 2 years of IT experience is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must reside within a 50 mile radius of the Eaton Jackson, MS plant; no relocation benefit offered.
- Travel up to 25%
- Intermediate Level Knowledge of the following:
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Endpoint Devices – PC, Laptop, Mobile Devices, PC Peripherals
- Other IT Infrastructure (working knowledge) – network, servers, storage, phone systems
- Miscellaneous Equipment used in manufacturing locations such as bar code scanners, specialized printers, industrial PCs, RF Scanners, etc.
- Use of ticketing system and meeting Service Level Agreements
- IT Service Management - Asset Management, Incident Management, Request Management, Problem Management and Change Management
- Associate Degree in Business or Technology is preferred.
- ITIL, MCSA, or comparable certification
- A+ certification
- 5 plus years of IT experience supporting Windows operating systems and PCs
- Previous Customer Service experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time