Lead Financial Analyst
Eaton’s Power Reliability Division is currently seeking a Lead Financial Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our South Milwaukee, WI facility.
The Lead Financial Analyst is responsible for preparing, controlling and analyzing the financial records of the facility and to provide timely and accurate information to allow for proactive rather than reactive decisions as it relates to the business
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role, you will:
- You will provide financial analysis and assistance to the Plant Controller through an in-depth understanding of company accounting policies, practices and business operations.
- You will analyze and determine cause of period to period changes and provide other relevant financial analysis of the business.
- You will conduct periodic audits of the system and assume a lead role in assuring the system integrity.
- You will report, analyze and verify accuracy of financials. Provide information and assistance to other departments within the plant regarding these financials. Assume role of trainer in financial matters, policies and procedures within the organization.
- You will support financial processes including monthly closings, forecasting and annual profit planning.
- You will prepare journal entries, account reconciliations and other general financial analysis.
- You will satisfy both internal and external financial reporting requirements
- Support facility processes including annual SOX DSA process, annual physical inventory and capital investment.
- You will lead a cross-functional team in support of E&O inventory management.
- You will participate in multiple cross functional teams and serve as the team financial expert.
- You will have cross functional training to cover for cost accountant peer position
- You will perform other duties as required
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of 3 years of finance and accounting experience is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Understanding of GAAP and standard cost accounting experience
- Background in industrial manufacturing industry
- CMA/CPA/CFA designation
- Experience with SAP, HFM and/or ENCORE
Position Success Criteria:
- Superior analytical and thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem solving capability
- Strong written communication and oral communication skills. Must be able to gauge the needs of a variety of internal customers and adapt delivery style or level of detail as appropriate
- Highly motivated, works with a sense of urgency, driven to add value and deliver results
- Attentive to detail, personally committed to work quality and able to learn from mistakes
- Change agent; demonstrated ability to improve processes and eliminate waste; Six Sigma or Lean experience
- Intermediate to expert level proficiency in Microsoft Programs (Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time