Havant, Hampshire/United Kingdom
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Reporting directly to the Quality Manager and indirectly to the Process Focus Team Manager, you will be liaising with customers and suppliers and driving step-change improvements in both product and service quality to improve customer service, eliminate waste, improve process capability and drive down costs.
Your key deliverables:
- Take ownership of internal and external quality-related matters
- Manage Eaton Quality Management System (EQMS) policies within the Process Focused Team, ensuring all policies are implemented and deployed in conjunction with Eaton requirements
- Manage problem-solving within the Plant, using appropriate analytical tools such as 8D and Six Sigma to ensure robust and timely permanent solutions
- Manage supplier containment and corrective actions, appraise incoming parts appropriately, assess both direct and indirect suppliers and hence improve the quality of incoming materials and services
- Accelerate plant quality improvements, ensuring non conformance activity is completed in a timely manner, with all non-conforming parts reviewed and dispositioned daily so there are no outstanding supplier returns or any unprocessed scrap at the end of each month.
- Maintain quality-related data and functional metrics
- Use of measurement equipment (CMM, Formtester etc.) to validate parts
- CQI (Chartered Quality Institute) educated/certified?
- Having Six Sigma Green Belt (or proven experience with usage of Six Sigma tools)?
- Knowledgeable of Lean Manufacturing?
- Possessing excellent interpersonal communication skills?
- Capable to develop quickly to be able to complete all essential functions?
- A team player, possessing the ability to build relationships with others, notably customers and suppliers?
- Able to use measurement equipment such as CMM?
- Available to visit other organizations, especially customer and suppliers?
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great career opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Candidate applying to the vacancy may be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No