Supplier Quality Engineer #070609
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Supplier Quality Engineer in Eaton’s Vehicle business, based in Jining, China.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of a fast paced, and sales orientated team in a large multi-national company.
The role which offers a broad variety of responsibilities including international liaising and great learning opportunities.
- Performs as the Jining representative for the support of the sourcing process of direct material suppliers.
- Responsible for leading PPAP approval of suppliers. This includes new supplier launches and supplier product/process changes.
- Responsible for conducting periodic audits of supplier’s quality management system.
- Coordinates Jining responsible supplier development activities through all phases of PRO Launch new product development process.
- Monitors supplier quality performance and leads Supplier Improvement/Development activities including supplier training on Eaton required systems. Builds supplier relationships. Is proactive in supplier development projects.
- Analyzes and suggests methods for Jining supplier management process improvements.
- Develops and presents Supplier Quality reports to the upper management team during management review meetings or as required.
- Performs other duties as immediate Superior assigned.
- Develops and implements receiving inspection process for direct material suppliers. This includes the issuance and tracking of supplier corrective actions in compliance to Eaton vehicle group requirements.
If you are:
- Four years university education in mechanical engineering.
- At least 5 years working experience.
- The automotive process approach to auditing, including risk-based thinking
- Familiar with quality tools: PPAP, APQP, MSA, CONTROL PLAN,SPC, PFMEA ,applicable manufacturing processes to be audited
- Applicable customer and Organization specific requirements
- Applicable ISO9001 and IATF 16949 requirement for process & product. audit to supplier
- How to plan, conduct, prepare audit, report and close out audit findings
- Be familiar with measurement equipment.
- Good English communication skills and computer skills.
- Familiar with project exploitation process, have experience of supplier auditing and evaluation.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No