If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Eaton’s Vehicle business, based in Jining, China.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
The role which offers
a broad variety of responsibilities including international liaising and great
Your essential responsibilities:
- Generate and maintain documentations of standardized work, quick setup, and operation balance, PFMEA etc. to optimize the productivity, equipment utilization and improve product quality.
- Select and manage machining tooling, program for new launching products. And stabilize the machining process.
- Ensure accurate BOMs and routings for production in process development phase.
- Setup, define and maintain process parameters/programs on machines to ensure that the manufacturing process and controls are capable of consistently producing products to meet or exceed customer expectations. Support to maintain fixtures, equipment and machines.
- Lead or participate in on-line problem solving activities utilizing defined analytical methods. Work closely with Production (management, team leaders, and operators) to identify issues and/or opportunities for improvement proactively, and drive actions to resolve or improve.
- Lead process changes or introduce engineering changes with the guidance from Product engineering. Support SCM’s components localization activities for cost out.
- Work closely with Quality on customer quality issues to enable problem resolution and prompt customer response. Communicate with customers as needed to understand issues and explain resolution.
- Support and/or lead the implementation of ELSS, EHS Directives, EQS, and other EBS initiatives as needed. Coach the operators and other persons needed to deploy ELSS.
- Evaluate the potential suppliers for equipment and tools. Specify technical requirement, recommend eligible blue print.
- Evaluate annual expense and capital projects for normal products. Make sure the expense and capital are under control initiatively.
- Conduct the MFR for new product introduction
- Other functions as needed
If you are:
- Bachelor degree or above, major in Mechanical Engineering.
- More than 3 years working experience in relevant field with knowledge of engineering principles, practices and experience of technologies used in company’s products.
- Be familiar with assembly line and grinding machine.
- Be familiar with machining tooling and fixture
- Well understanding and practices of PFMEA, APQP, PPAP, Control Plan, SPC, DOE
- Familiar with CAD using
- Process design capability
- 6 sigma/ELSS knowledge
- Communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- MFG/PRO (BOM, Routings in particular)
- Good written English skill
- Computer literacy skills
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No