Senior Manufacturing Engineer
- Analyze the manufacturing methods to generate production process improvement and maximize production capacity, quality, and efficiency.
- Utilize strong project management skills to execute assigned projects and lead projects teams where necessary. Organize and lead team meetings for effective task completion per the implementation work plan and budgets.
- Investigate, analyze, and recommend new and/or alternate equipment, tooling, gaging, and manufacturing methods.
- Procure equipment and tooling per project plan and standards. Evaluate and verify processes and tool designs developed by peers.
- Manage capital and expense spending for assigned project(s). Ensure that all spending is in line both from a cost and timing perspective.
- Prepare financial justification for projects using the economic data developed as input into the financial analysis and appropriation request process.
- Assure environmental, health and safety requirements are satisfied when the project is implemented.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Ability and willingness to travel 25-50% or more, potentially including assignments of up to 3 months.
- Preferred 5 years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering
- BSME or BS Manufacturing Technology
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Knowledge of manufacturing, assembly processes, equipment technology, equipment capability, and product quality requirements for error free final product
- Experience with CNC Programming
- Experience with programming and troubleshooting various PLC applications.
- Experience using CAD - 3D Modeling
- Knowledge and application of Eaton Business System tools for successful project completion
- Knowledge and experience with the PRO-Launch process
- Desired Professional experience in Manufacturing Engineering for the following processes: Automated Material Handling, Robotics, Grinding (Centerless, OD, ID), Machining (CNC Turning), Metal Forming, Welding, Surface Treatments, Heat Treatment, Leak testing and inspection
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time