Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Create capital appropriation requests
- Justify capital equipment purchases
- Research and select vendors for capital projects
- Create drawings for components and/or machine design using Autocad Inventor
- Develop and coordinate projects utilizing basic project management and structured project management skills
- Evaluate machine capabilities and recommend additions, replacements and rebuilds
- Conduct/Assist new machine and machine rebuild runoffs.
- Establish specifications for requests for quotations
- Design and recommend improved manufacturing processes
- Work with business unit teams to develop goals and objectives
- Implement cost savings and improvement projects
- Evaluate and recommend process improvements to improve quality
- Research and develop solutions to OSHA, ANSI and internal safety requirements for processes and equipment
- Troubleshoot process problems as related to productivity and quality
- Coordinate/Support testing to optimize performance of MRO (Maintenance, Repair, Operating) supply items
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering preferred
- Technical knowledge in
machine function, processes, control systems, CNC
Detailed abilities in capital equipment justification, project scheduling and managerial planning.
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma
- Experience with Autocad Inventor or similar CAD system
- Ability to communicate with varies levels of an organization
- Maintain relationships with internal and external contacts
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time