Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Division is currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our team! This position is based at our Amarillo, TX facility.
This position is primarily responsible for planning and executing engineering projects according to deadlines needed to support our customers with accurate results and within financial guidelines. The primary means this position will impact customer satisfaction, business continuity, site culture, and long term site success is through successful management of significant cost productivity and capital investment projects. Identifying the next generation technology, investing in capability of next generation leaders, and bringing it to the facility is essential to continuing the sites long history of being the world class provider of products. The candidate must have a demonstrated ability to lead projects from start to finish and to engage a cross functional and diverse positional teams to ensure goals are achieved.
The candidate will lead projects and be a key person in the investment decisions, prioritization of deploying resources for continuous improvement, and culture development of the facility. This position will work with broad personal freedom for deciding how/when to prioritize and will be able to help map their future within the organization of the site/site’s success and their own development.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Deploy new technology (FEA, IoT applications)
- Upgrade the facilities operating technology to current and next generation technology.
- Key decision maker in allocation of capital investment for facility.
- Culture Change Agent to help assist in CI Culture of site
- Driving impact projects ($100k+) for CI improvement.
- Utilize large scale project management
- Translate project ideation to implementation realizing significant cost productivity savings or capability to service the customer in their needs.
- Identify improved methods to produce products and be team member of next generation product manufacturing method and development/go to market opportunities.
- Get involved in seeking out opportunities to reduce product cost and still meet customer needs
- Be responsible for managing the engineering change process
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering from an accredited institution
- Technical knowledge in machine function, processes, control systems, CNC
- Detailed abilities in capital equipment justification, project scheduling and managerial planning.
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma
- Experience with AutoCAD Inventor or similar CAD system
- Ability to communicate with varies levels of an organization
- Maintain relationships with internal and external contacts
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time