Welder - 2nd Shift
Eaton located in Greenwood, SC has an opening for a Welder on 2nd shift. This position is located at the Emerald Road facility.
In our Capacitor Assembly department, the Welder will operate robotic welders and a tangent bender in the assembly of power capacitors.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- You will operate the bottom and cover weld cells utilizing the Fanuc Robot ARC Mate model 100i, ArcTool Software, and System R-J2 Controller. This includes the start-up, change over, and shutdown of the robot weld and tangent bender operations.
- You will perform manual touch up welds as necessary.
- You will teach robot when changes to tank size dictates.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must live within 50 miles of Greenwood, SC.
- Welding Diploma/Degree from a one-year technical school program that is accredited by the American Welding Society (AWS).
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Must be able to use material handling equipment such as pallet jacks, overhead hoists, and an assortment of pneumatic and hand tools.
- Must become certified in Lock Out / Tag Out and General Electrical Safety.
- One year of experience operating a welding robot in a manufacturing setting.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No