Valve Forge Press Operator - 2nd Shift
- You will operates Valve forge press
- You will troubleshoots machine malfunctions and performs minor maintenance on machines.
- You will communicate with audit/quality control and keep area clean (5S)supervisor
- You will performs set-up on presses for different valve prints
- You will sorts valves, gears, and slugs for defects
- You will adjust machinery during changeover, punch and dies and identify quality issues
- You will uses gauges to check valve/gear specifications
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Relocation not included - must live within 60 miles to be considered.
- Understands Statistical Process Control
- Blueprint reading
- Fork truck operation
- Ability to setup machinery and read process sheets
- Visual inspection of cold and hot parts and entering data into computer
- Position may require daily overtime, 7 days a week and working holidays
- Physical requirements include constantly being on your feet, using a set of tongs to grab hot valves and perform quality checks. The employee would be working in extreme heat in the summer. When operating an automated press the employee will be on their feet for their shift.
- Some walking required when completing change overs or tooling changes.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs, pushing, pulling when changing tooling. In addition to the plant wide PPE the operator is required to wear green tinted glasses, shop coat and gloves.
- One year of industrial experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No