Eaton’s Residential Wiring Devices Division is currently seeking a Retail Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our customer facility in Eau Claire, WI.
The Retail Analyst is responsible for working with a major retailer on their daily business management, as well as assist the team in managing the major retailer business. In this role, you will be required to utilize extensive sales and forecasting analysis as well as the ability to communicate effectively with people across many functional areas.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will act as the primary point of contact with major retailer analysts and understand detailed replenishment analysis, replenishment strategies and be able to execute quickly
- You will be trained on and utilize major retailer forecasting system collecting and analyzing data for sales trends and forecasting purposes
- You will develop recommendations to drive sales opportunities, improve margins and increase inventory turns
- You will actively plan and coordinate order and inventory controls to ensure that current inventory levels meet account demands to maximize sales during events and minimize out-of-stock issues, while simultaneously preventing overstocks
- You will work closely with both the major retailer team and the vendor partner’s sales team to plan and forecast future sales events
- You will maintain, develop, and provide detailed reporting on a weekly/monthly basis
- You will act as contact for store questions regarding ship dates, backorders, and delivery issues, as well as pricing and product knowledge
- You will maintain effective working relationships with major retailer employees, suppliers and customers
- You may be assigned other duties by vendor which may include occasional travel and product training to enhance understanding of products and sales and marketing strategies.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree or graduating by June 2019 from accredited institution.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of the Eau Claire, WI to be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business discipline preferred
- Retail sales analysis or supply chain experience.
- Ability to work effectively and function independently with minimal oversight and direction
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong, effective and professional communication skills to deal with all levels of staff, management, and internal and external contacts
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Working knowledge of retail metrics, strong analytical skills, and ability to work accurately with details and large volumes of data
- Ability to multitask, as well as plan, prioritize, and work under pressure.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time