Africa Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. To find out more about us check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
As Africa Financial Planning and Analysis Manager, you will be managing all financial planning, analysis and reporting related activities of the Africa Business Unit. This responsibility covers regular activities such as the ones related to month end close, forecasting, profit plan or strategic plan as well as any ad hoc requirements such as EMEA business review. The person also manages division processes such as Cost Out and Capex including the business support for Operations. Develop, manage and improve KPI’s, expenditure control systems and performance reporting systems to improve material conversion efficiency and reduce overall BU expenditure.
Prepare, monitor and control direct cost budgets and standards in conjunction with Financial Controller, and overall BU budgets including RMS to ensure expenditure and conversion efficiencies are in line with annual business plan. Monitor and plan for commodity pricing and their impact on the COGS through FX reviews. Prepare and present accurate BU performance indicators and information periodically at all levels using appropriate avenues and medium (Stakeholders include; Plant Management, Executive Management and Regional Operations as and when warranted).
Supervise monthly, quarterly and Annual systems closures to ensure that all deadlines are met, hold weekly and monthly meetings with budget holders, including action plan for cost control within specific areas.
Your main duties :
- Manages all financial reporting requirements of the division.
- Verifies the accuracy of the reports and insures their adherence to prescribed schedules, policies and procedures
- Manages the preparation of and analyzes financial forecasts as required for divisional levels.
- Manages the annual Profit Planning process for the division.
- Provides guidance, training and assistance to the personnel in the finance organization in the plants.
- Manages the preparation of the divisions strategic plan.
- Manages the financial reporting and follow up of the division’s monthly capex review and cost out activities in support of the division’s Leadership.
- Provides the financial data related to VPP and other bonus schemes and supports HR ensuring the financial integrity of those figures and advises on the financial aspects of those bonus schemes.
- Organize and deliver appropriate management reports to country and regional management.
- Prepare meaningful variance analysis commentary for management and publish accurate and timely financial reporting packages.
- Coordinate, interpret and respond to ad-hoc financial request within the region.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in management role
- Solid knowledge of EATON Reporting Systems (Encore, Syspro, Oracle)
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel & PowerPoint)
- Strong Analytical, Planning and Organizational Skills
- Excellent communication/ interpersonal skill and proven problem solving capability
- Fluent in English (written & oral)
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP & SOX
- Experience in managing and developing people
- Significant experience with business operations and FP&A within a multinational company.
- Strong written and presentation skills and must be able to effectively work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Minimum of 5 years proven track record working in an FP&A function.
- Extensive proven financial and analytical experience.
- Agility to quickly tailor FP&A reporting/analytics to supporting business/stakeholder changes.
- Strict attention to detail and deadline orientated.
- Ability to operate at a senior level in collaboration with diverse internal and external executives; used to operate, negotiate and influence effectively in an international organization.
- Ability to serve as a role model to junior financial analysts and provide coaching/guidance to support development
- Proven track record leading on business improvement initiatives
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
Permanent contract in fast growing global company
Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time