Working as part of a team of Quality Engineers to support the Quality Activities. The role will include the development, implementation and maintenance of various quality management initiatives, liaison with internal and external customers, training staff in Self-Certification approval status, and auditing processes and products.
· Development of Quality Engineering tools and activities, to include SPC, Gauge R&R, FMEA, Six Sigma, Attribute Charts and control plans as required by Quality Management to support Business Objectives
· Management Quality Reviews – Monthly/Weekly
· Compilation and presentation of KPI’s for key business functions required supporting Management Quality Reviews
· Undertake investigation of quality issues to resolution, in conjunction with all necessary internal or external bodies relating to product/process/system. These may be initiated by internal or external customers.
· Initiate, manage or participate in product re-calls as required to CAA or other regulatory/customer requirements
· To actively participate in Design Reviews and new product introduction
· Compilation and maintenance of Company Documentation
· Maintenance and training of Certifying Staff
· Participate in Company initiatives as required by the Quality Management
· Undertake & complete Business System audits & Product audits in maintenance of the programmed audit schedule
· Maintenance and progression of company approvals: BS EN ISO 9001, EASA Part 21, AS EN 9001 and other customer specific approvals
· Support the Maintenance and Training of the Self-Certification program
· Development of the Quality System as defined by Quality Management in support of business requirements
· Liaison and preparation of Customer visits, preparation of visit reports and prompt follow-up of resulting actions
· Quality evaluation and response of contracts for potential business in support of Contract Dept. needs
· Aerospace Engineering and Aerospace Regulatory Knowledge (EASA/AS9100)
· Experience in a similar role advantageous
· Experience of participating in PFMEA / 8D
· Sound practical experience with Excel, Word, Access etc – ability to quickly pick up business software use
· Proven experience of ability to communicate (verbally and in writing)
· Experience of working closely with others, but equally independently
HNC/Degree qualified preferred, experience may be taken into consideration in lieu of education
Excellent IT skills
Audit trained (preferably Lead Auditor level)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No