Technical Support Engineer
Eaton's Bussmann Division is seeking a Technical Support Engineer. This position is located in our Ellisville, MO facility.
The primary function of the Technical Support Engineer is to answer technical product and application questions from customers, sales and other Bussmann division departments. The inquiries are mostly via phone calls but also from emails, chat and website inquires. The Technical Support Engineer will periodically train new sales people, distributors and reps during training seminars and on an as needed basis. They will act as a liaison between customers, sales, quality, engineering and product management to resolve customer issues and technical concerns. In addition, the Technical Support Engineer will work to complete projects intended to facilitate improved service, increased sales and accessibility of information. The Technical Support Engineer is the technical expert on Bussmann series products and their application.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide application assistance for Division products via phone, email, chat and website inquiries
- You will participate in the training of customers and Division personnel.
- You will analyze damaged Division products to determine if the cause was an application or quality problem and take appropriate action
- You will act as the technical expert from the factory and as a back-up for the sales team.
- You will provide guidance on NEC, UL, CSA, & IEC requirements for overcurrent and overvoltage protection.
- You will maintain, update and revise the cross reference database and technical knowledge database.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law
Must Have (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Prior customer interfacing work – Technical support hotline or similar support function
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, now or in the future without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Ellisville, MO will be considered for this position
Experience on phone or in-person interacting with customers on a daily basis
B.S. in Electrical Engineering
2 years’ experience in the electrical industry
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time