Sr. Engineer NPD
Sr. Engineer NPD #070433
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Sr. Engineer NPD in Eaton’s Electrical business, based in Pondicherry, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton’s Electrical business.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Develops new products / custom solutions / product line extensions /cost reduced product designs as assigned following the Stage gate Process
- Evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications of the standard engineering practices during development.
- Plans and drives project to conclusion, meeting performance and cost objectives in a timely fashion.
- Works closely with all key departments involved in the development of new products, including suppliers and customers to ensure projects are completed to schedule meeting the cost and performance requirements.
- Provides specialist support and advice to other team members within the department and company
- Routinely provides solutions or answers about existing product performance when issues arise.
- Generate Cost reduction / VAVE ideas on existing products
- Reports project progress on a regular basis and project results at the completion of the project
- Ensures that all safety policies are followed to maintain a safe working environment.
- Identifies personal training needs to progress to next level.
- Manages Operators and Technicians, if assigned to him
- Performs other duties as assigned.
If you are:
- Bachelor or above degree( BE / BTech) in EEE)
- Over 3 year working experience in switchgear industry
- Experience / knowledge in product design, testing & Certifications on Switchgear, HRC fuse-Links & Fusegear and its relevant IEC & UL standards
- Understand the basic electrical and electronic theory
- Knowledge on Product Development Process
- Knowledge on SAP PLM or any other PLM software desirable
- Good interpersonal skills, planning and analytical ability & problem solving skill
- Good communicator of both written and verbal information
- Deep analysis and drive result capability
- Circumspective and according fact
- Highly ethical & able to work in cross functional teams
- Collaborative working style across core team
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: PQD India
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time