Custom Products Engineer
Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Custom Products Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our South Milwaukee, WI facility.
The Custom Products Engineer is responsible for creating high quality custom designed Overhead Switchgear Assemblies and Switchgear Control Assemblies at a minimum cost while meeting and exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will create designs of complex, custom, Overhead Switchgear products in accordance with established practices and company standards, including bills of material, detail/assembly drawings, and customer drawings.
- You will collaborate with Marketing and Proposals by reviewing specifications to understand customer requirements.
- You will create and execute Engineering Change Requests/Notices, and enter into the ERP system (SAP).
- You will estimate cost and design effort for complex new products and systems.
- You will provide technical support to Marketing regarding sales inquiries, customer problems, equipment application, and engineering analysis.
- You will provide technical support to and maintain liaison with Scheduling, Purchasing, Manufacturing Engineering, Production Control, Quality Assurance, and Operations regarding issues with custom designs.
- You will assist Manufacturing Engineering and Operators to achieve successful production and testing of new custom designs.
- You will drive root cause analysis and resolution of customer complaints and material non-conformance issues.
- You will make recommendations for product and process improvements, and define and implement improvement projects to increase team efficiency.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 3 years of design experience with electromechanical systems
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the South Milwaukee, WI facility
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with custom engineering design and processes is desired
- Knowledge of industry recognized drafting and CAD standards, practices and procedures. Extensive experience specifically with AutoCAD & Autodesk Inventor is preferred
- Experience in creating, loading, and storing engineering designs within an ERP system is desired. Experience performing these activities specifically with SAP is preferred.
- Familiarity detailing and layout drafting techniques is desired
- Knowledge of power systems, distribution switchgear products/applications, and/or industrial automation/controls is desired
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of CAD (2D and 3D) tools with mechanical or electromechanical systems.
- Ability to excel as a team player by successfully collaborating with engineering peers as well as cross-functional personnel to ensure custom designs meet customer expectations
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No