Tool and Die Maker Lead
Eaton’s Electrical division is seeking a Tool and Die Maker Lead on 1st shift to join our team. This position is at our Reno, NV facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and everyday. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
A Tool and Die Maker Lead will direct and assist the team in achieving plant and department goals.
They will be responsible for the fabrication and repair of a variety of complex tooling components for: progressive punch press dies, precision gages, multiform press brake tools, sophisticated dynamic fixtures and equipment automation projects.
You will work from design drawings, conceptual design drawings, instructions and work orders.
You will set up and operate the following equipment while working to tolerances as close to .0001”(one ten thousand of an inch); surface grinders, wire EDM (Electrical Discharge Machine), hone, milling machines (numerically controlled and manual), lathes, drill presses, etc.
You will set up and operate punch presses to perform try outs on new and repaired tools.
You will check completed parts to ensure compliance to Reno Plant Quality standards and makes necessary adjustments when required in order to meet quality goals.
You will adhere to all environmental, health, safety rules and regulations, and work instructions.
You will maintain equipment and perform housekeeping duties as necessary using the principles of 5S.
You will direct and assist with on-the-job training and continuous improvement
You will manage the Die Maintenance Tracker, Tooling Tracker and Die Condition Code Tracker.
You will be in regular coordination with Press Supervisor on capacity and production issues
You will allocate associates to work in bottle neck areas or reallocate associates based on need.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Able to stand on feet continuously during working shift.
- Able to regularly lift 35 pounds without assistance and 50 pounds with assistance.
- Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment as required by company policy and procedure.
- Able to work with water soluble oil coolants
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Tool and Die maker and/or A Tool and Die Apprenticeship.
- High School education or equivalent (i.e., diploma or GED).
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Reno, NV in order to be considered.
- Associate’s degree in related field
- Previous experience operating an EDM.
- Capable of setting up & Operating all shop equipment (Lathes, Mills, Grinders etc.) to tolerances of +- .0005.
- Working knowledge of all production machinery, equipment, and material forming.
- Able to read, accurately interpret and produce parts from blue prints and shop drawings.
- Working knowledge of progressive die construction.
- Able to identify different gauges and types of raw material.
- Able to accurately inspect tooling and read Micrometers, calipers, dial indicators etc. within .0005.
- Have own basic hand tools and measuring instruments.
- Able to work effectively and productively as member of a team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal format in English.
- Must have working knowledge of Shop Math including Trigonometry, Angles and Circle interpolation.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends with little advanced notice.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No