Aerospace Polymer Additive Manufacturing Engineering Specialist
Eaton’s Aerospace division is seeking an Aerospace Polymer Additive Sr. Engineering Specialist to join our team. The position will be based in Southfield, MI; Jackson, MI; Grand Rapids, MI; Euclid, OH; OR our Beltsville, MD facility. Relocation assistance will be provided
Eaton’s Aerospace Group is seeking an innovative, passionate, and entrepreneurial engineering leader to manage its growing polymer additive manufacturing (AM) portfolio. The role involves working with the global Aerospace engineering team and Additive Manufacturing Center of Excellence in Southfield Michigan and customers to identify and develop new opportunities for polymer AM as well as developing and executing the polymer AM strategy.
The successful applicant will be responsible for identifying and developing specific polymer additive manufacturing opportunities in the Aerospace Business. The role will work closely with the Product Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Commercial teams. The individual must have a strong and innovative engineering acumen with the technical aptitude to fully leverage the capabilities of additive manufacturing to identify novel solutions, including metal to polymer conversions. The role will support the development of these opportunities serving as both the Senior Applications Engineer and PreLaunch Program Manager who leads the IPT integrated product teams during early development of the product.
- Develop new product design solutions leveraging the capability of Additive Manufacturing for improved development speed, cost and/or performance.
- Envision innovative solutions that are enabled by additive manufacturing and “sell” that vision to the teams and customers
- Work with Eaton Corporate Research and Technology (CRT), Additive Manufacturing Center of Excellence and external partners to develop the processes required to manufacture and commercialize identified targets.
- Develop the strategy, roadmap and execution plan for leveraging the capabilities of polymer additive manufacturing within the business.
- Recommend design solutions, influence the final design construct, and connect targets to the appropriate Additive Manufacturing Process.
- Guide the effort to deploy polymer additive manufacturing across the organization including ensuring the continued education of the cross-functional organization. This includes formal and informal training on the various Additive Manufacturing Technologies.
- Support internal/external innovation workshops to identify potential game-changing solutions enabled by Additive Manufacturing, prioritize them, and hold gate reviews to ensure business alignment and support.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we as individuals and as a company are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Material Science or Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years of product development experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of additive manufacturing experience.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Advanced degree in material science, engineering, or business (with an engineering background) from an accredited institution.
- Experience in aerospace new product development.
- Experience managing a cross-functional technical team to develop concepts into solutions.
Position Success Criteria:
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Demonstrated ability to invent to create innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Proven track record of driving change.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute technology development plans.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time