Field Service Engineer
- Responsible for technical and administrative support activities including installation, testing, commissioning, repair, modifications, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, engineering change upgrades, etc.
- Ensures adequate records and systems are maintained. Maintains communication with design management and specialists in resolving technical problems and/or bringing problems to the design department’s attention.
- Responsible for specific service contract/s as the single point of contact interfacing into customer organization, while working with sales prime to drive addition sales in those specific service contract/s (including 24x7), and provide services quote when required.
- Accountable to customer relationship to deliver best in class services delivered to drive service quality to new height.
- Responsible for timely, professional, accurate and service oriented response to all technical service enquires.
- Identify and isolate equipment start-up malfunctions and takes corrective action.
- On-The-Job Training for customer personnel and possibly dealers in equipment operation and maintenance responsibilities.
- Represents the company in a customer support role and is responsible for customer's satisfaction with equipment and servicing.
- Prepares service log and report of work performed. Implement and control workflow documents, and maintain proper practices to keep track of these documents. Communication skills must be adequate to interface effectively with customers both internally and externally.
- Analyse and provide advice for customers’ existing equipment status and recommended replacement schedules.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of field experience in service or testing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of selling techniques and Eaton’s capabilities
- Possess knowledge of products, markets channels and associated applications
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: EA East Asia
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time