Lead Software Engineer - Feature Lead
Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a Lead Software Engineer to be part of our Peachtree City or Midtown ATL team.
Feature Lead is responsible for understanding product requirements, analyzing and resolving software issues, and designing and developing software using C++ and python on a Linux Single Board Computer (SBC). This role also requires providing technical solutions, following software processes & lead in product/test development & technology innovations. Additionally, assist the architectural lead in conceptualization, engineering and software specification of new product platform solutions that meet the stated market requirements for performance, cost, quality, and functionality for IOT Lighting Control products.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Suggests and develops platform components and looks for continuous improvement opportunities in Lighting products. Shares knowledge within the team and demonstrates flexibility by working in parallel on multiple assignments/product categories
- Develops an understanding of both technology and product concepts and is able to articulate product and software design . Ensures quality of delivery in accordance with the plan adhering to the standard practices used in an agile model.
- Responsible for designing, developing, supporting, maintaining, and troubleshooting of the applications
- Protects intellectual property through patent disclosures
- Supports our team of global field commissioning engineers with technical challenges
- Investigate/Research technologies that would improve product performance, reduce development time or reduce cost
- Support our team of global field commissioning engineers with technical challenges
- Search for technologies which would improve product performance, reduce development time or reduce cost
- Train and mentor colleagues in design methodologies and technologies.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of product design experience
- Experience in C++ programming
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50 mile radius of work location will be considered
Preferred Qualifications (Not required to be qualified for the job).
- Proficiency in C++11, STL and templates
- Experience with Agile methodologies and scrum teams is preferable
- Experience with Linux single board computers is desirable
- Experience in DevOps and with Docker is desirable
- Experience with revision control systems
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of IOT
• Well-developed written and verbal
• Proficiency in Linux OS for embedded applications
• Proficiency in C++ application development
• Proficiency in Python development
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time