IT Risk Management Specialist
Join Eaton’s Information Technology team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking an IT Risk Management Specialist for our Architecture, Governance, and Security (AGSCOE) team. The Senior Specialist provides IT Risk Management services for projects, facilities and functions enterprise-wide. This position is a key resource in the development and execution of continuous improvements to all aspects of the company’s IT Risk Management program: maintaining the IT Risk Register, facilitating Risk Management reviews, maintaining IT policies, control objectives and standards, measuring and reporting compliance, conducting 3rd party risk assessments and responding to customer risk assessments. This position is based at our Eaton Center location in Beachwood, Ohio; no relocation is being offered. If the candidate resides within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate must work at that site. If the candidate resides more than 50 miles away from Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate will work remote from another US Eaton Facility or an approved home office.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role as an IT Risk Management Specialist:
- You will be responsible for the execution of IT Risk Management activities including:
- Conducting the 3rd party service provider risk assessment process.
- Conducting the customer risk assessment process.
- Cultivating efforts to leverage automation and self-service to improve the timeliness of risk assessments.
- Assisting with annual review and maintenance of IT policies, control objectives and standards.
- Assisting resource owners and IT staff in understanding and responding to IT audit failures reported by internal and external auditing departments.
- Participating in performing due diligence related to acquisitions, divestitures & joint ventures.
- You will communicate, and deploy IT Risk Management processes:
- Consulting with IT and functional management to ensure alignment of IT policies, control objectives and standards with regulatory, contractual and internal requirements.
- Consulting with IT and functional management in adapting operational procedures to comply with IT policies, control objectives and standards.
- Consulting with IT and functional management to ensure IT project requirements include applicable IT policies, control objectives and standards.
- Consulting with IT Centers of Excellence to maintain scorecards tracking compliance with IT policies, control objectives and standards.
- Cultivating the application of emerging IT Risk Management control objectives to current Eaton environments.
- You will be responsible for in-depth functional & business process knowledge of target application.
- You will work in partnership with divisional and regional business process owners on system requirements, processes, and systems.
- You will manage requirements scope & disposition through process compliance & gap analysis, integration testing & user acceptance methodology.
- You will provide knowledge and input on the system implications of business process changes.
- You will help to identify consolidated, worldwide target processes.
- You will demonstrate analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- You will apply project methodology and governance processes to the change control, system development life cycle and regression testing.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 5 years of IT risk management experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position.
- CRISC, CISM or CISA certifications preferred.
- Green Belt in Six Sigma strongly desired.
- Must have completed numerous full life-cycle projects.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time