Lead Test Technician - 3rd Shift
Eaton Corporation’s Aerospace Group, has an opening for a Lead Test Technician - 3rd Shift. The position is based out of our Jackson, MI facility.
The primary function of this role will require a highly motivated and hands-on individual to test both prototype and production hardware to verify that it performs to the customer-required specifications. Study the specifications and examine the hardware. Determine what data is needed and then identify the actual test methods, materials, fixtures and equipment required. Schedule and perform tests; present data to the requester.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will review project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives, test equipment.
- You will perform testing in accordance with test specifications, including test setup, test equipment adjustment, and sample and data storage.
- You will draft detail drawing or sketch as necessary for fabrication of equipment or setup components.
- You will devise, fabricate, and assemble new or modified mechanical components or assemblies for products such as industrial equipment and machinery, power equipment, servo systems, machine tools, and measuring instruments.
- You will maintain a safe working environment by providing adequate precautions to tests in process and design safety into every test and activity.
- You will collect and verify accuracy of testing data and communicate test results or anomalies to the requestor.
- You will drive continuous improvement through efficiency in test processes, developing standard operating procedures, and assisting with hardware and/or software updates to test stands.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience as a technician working in a technical/laboratory setting.
- As an ITAR facility, this position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now and in the future.
- All candidates must be within a 50-mile radius of Jackson, Michigan as relocation is not provided for this position.
- Minimum 6 months of working knowledge of PC-based control systems
- Working knowledge of test equipment operation, measurement / data acquisition systems, instrumentation wiring and documentation
- Associates Degree in engineering or related sciences, or equivalent certification from an accredited institution.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time