Senior Engineer – Functional Safety
Job Title: Senior Engineer – Functional Safety #070327
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Senior Engineer – Functional Safety, in Eaton India Innovation Center’s (EIIC), based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) within Eaton Research Labs (ERL) .This role is established with focus on safety assessment of eMobility systems solutions for electrical and hybrid solutions for on- and off-road vehicles. Eaton Research Labs (ERL) focuses on the front end of innovation by: conducting research to advance the state of the art, emphasizing cross-business impact technologies, and innovating to provide Eaton’s customers with safe, efficient, and reliable power management solutions. The core responsibilities of these position are following:
Your essential responsibilities:
- Responsible for independently delivering safety work package for eMobility system solution (e.g. inverters) for electrical and hybrid solutions for on- and off-road vehicles related new products introduction (NPI) programs without impacting project schedules. Typical deliverables are: program safety plan, hazard assessment, safety requirements, and implementation of requirements, verification & validation.
- Deploy safety assessment framework in eMobility group with the global team. Responsible to pursue & leverage Safety sign-off process on business flagship deck projects.
- Maintain a watch on: external safety standards& incidences.
- Additional responsibilities of this position: Support the software certification, reliability engineer on program for issue resolution
- Utilize functional safety concepts / tools such as preliminary hazard assessments, FMECA, Risk Management, Hazard and Risk Analysis, Safety requirements identification, Verification and validation of safety test cases and Compliancy scorecard for NPIs and/or existing product improvements.
- Work with cross functional teams and global reliability engineering teams for designing in safety function on NPI programs thus responsible for identifying, managing and mitigating safety risks.
- Planning project milestones, executing milestones and hours, conducting deliverables reviews, communication with stakeholder and on-job development through technical mentoring.
If you are:
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
Preferred: Masters in Electrical/Power Electronics engineering/safety/ reliability engineering and/or certification from reputed safety organizations like TUV.
5+ relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years working in functional safety.
Understanding of safety standards like IEC 61508, ISO 26262, Machinery Directives.
Vehicle domain knowledge, work experience in the area of hybrid / vehicle electrification. Awareness of DFSS etc
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time