Eaton’s North American Sales Division is currently seeking a Sales Engineer. This position is based at our El Paso, TX or Albuquerque, NM facility.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for selling assigned product lines to targeted customers in targeted market areas. In this role you will achieve the assigned sales goal consistent with the expectations of a thoroughly seasoned professional sales engineer for the assigned product categories while under little supervision.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you.
- You will accurate and timely plan and specify interpretation, quotation, and technical support
- You will communicate with customers, warehouse, and plants to facilitate problem resolution
- You will collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence regarding competitive products, customer needs, preferences, and buying habits
- You will review and interpret customer needs on plans and specifications
- You will provide facility timely solutions to customer issues by utilizing available resources or creating procedure for resolution
- You will be aware of and responsive to market conditions and competitive activities while communicating such information to product divisions
- You will plan promotional events and presentations with distributor personnel to promote Eaton’s position while developing a proven record of achieving assigned sales goals
- You will prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company price and delivery guidelines while using sound business judgment.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum one (1) year of commercial sales/marketing experience
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Time management, presentation, and planning skills
- Knowledge of Eaton Electrical product and service capabilities
- Possesses an understanding of the sales process using sales techniques as evidenced by good customer relationships
- Knowledge of Bidmanager and Vista
- Demonstrated and understanding of market trends, industry issues and knowledge of competitors
- Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to leverage support personnel to meet customer and organizational needs.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time