Eaton is currently seeking a Product Specialist to join our team! This position is based at our Mississauga, ON facility.
Under the direction of the Commercial Operations Manager, the Product Specialist is responsible for the marketing and engineering of our electrical control and power distribution products up to 600v to meet customer expectations. This includes responsibility for pricing, negotiations, order entry, customer order engineering, customer service, quality and manufacturing of panelboards, switchboards, and enclosed controls.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide technical support to internal and external customers.
- You will maintain pricing authority for field sales and distributors.
- You will develop strategies to support sales growth, customer service and price realization.
- You will manage the administration of orders, production planning and scheduling including maintaining inventory availability for the assembly of products.
- You will provide engineering drawings.
- You will prepare quotations, complete AutoCAD drawings and provide application support for Eaton products.
- You will perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values, Code of Ethics, as well as Safety and Environmental standards and commitment to safety and cost improvement.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Degree/diploma in Engineering (Electrical, Electronics or Mechanical Engineering) from an accredited institution to be completed no later than June 2019.
- AutoCAD experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 80km radius of the Mississauga, ON facility will be considered.
- Experience providing/creating pricing details/quotations for customers.
- Experience with ERP software
- Experience in manufacturing electrical controls and/or power distribution products
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical aptitude and complex problem solving skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office and AutoCAD.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment as part of a team.
- Strong technical aptitude of electrical distribution and control systems.
- Effective time management, prioritization and project management skills.
- Accessibility policy: Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
- Politique d'accessibilité: Eaton a mis en place des politiques d’accessibilité afin d’accommoder des employés avec un handicap. Si vous êtes sélectionnés pour une entrevue et que vous avez besoin d’accommodement, veuillez partager l’information avec le recruteur ou le superviseur afin que nous puissions faire des ajustements raisonnables pour vos besoins. Nos politiques d’accessibilité peuvent être consultées au : http://www.eatoncanada.ca/FR/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time