Eaton Aerospace Group has an opening for a Senior Controls Engineer. The position is located at the Grand Rapids, MI.
The Senior Controls Engineer will be a key member of the Industry 4.0 deployment COE (Center of Excellence) and will be the Operations/Manufacturing technology leader in the deployment of Industry 4.0/Smart Factories across Eaton Aerospace. This role will identify, develop, and drive the deployment of technology-based solutions for enabling a digital transformation within our manufacturing operations. This includes: equipment connectivity, plant application reporting, analytical skills, and dashboards that accurately represent manufacturing process status and performance.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
- Be responsible for deployment of Eaton Aerospace Group strategy for Smart factories, Industry 4.0, and IoT
- Work with senior leaders and site leadership to develop strategies, goals, objectives, and resource planning for the transformation of Eaton Aerospace into a I4.0 manufacturing organization
- Establish the requirements for the Site Level deployment teams, support in the selection of deployments teams.
- You will support the site level Deployment Teams with training site ME’s on how develop detailed step by step work instructions in AMS (Software).
- Identifying and/or developing technologies to create the digital tread direct manufacturing as well as training deployment sites on I4.0 concepts, tools, and benefits
- Identify and/or develop technologies to create the digital tread for direct manufacturing.
- Train deployment sites on I4.0 concepts, tools, and benefits; and drive rapid innovation by quickly vetting out & experimenting on ideas
- Keep senior leaders and site leadership current with developing technologies
- Ensure solution standardization and be responsible for selection, development, and deployment of Smart Factory/Industry 4.0/IoT technologies
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Grand Rapids, MI will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in industrial automation or data science or controls engineering
- 5 years of comprehensive knowledge of Industry 4.0/Smart factories.
- Experience using Lean/6 Sigma/ and or similar continuous improvement and problem-solving methodologies.
- comprehensive knowledge of Industry 4.0/Smart factories
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
- Effective leadership of cross functional & multi-location teams
- Highly effective communication skills– both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports
- Strong organizational and planning skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time