- You will apply extensive knowledge of business processes and systems to excel at the following: expedite orders to prevent customer line downs or machine downtime; process emergency and/or expedited orders and shipments in a timely manner; provide customers and/or distributors with product information; and prepare price quotations.
- You will authorize RMA (Returned Material Authorization) requests and issues RMA numbers. Investigates claims by conducting fact-based investigation and working with operations personnel.
- You will accept and process written and verbal orders, following established business rules, generating MPS (Marketing Product Specification) requests as required.
You will process blanket orders from OEM’s (Original Equipment Manufacturers)/distributor accounts and confirm the blanket releases against the customer order board, validating orders in the system against customer order reports on a weekly basis.
You will report sales trends and customer order activity to Sales, Marketing and other management on a weekly or monthly basis, contributing to market and product forecasts as needed.
You will enter new orders from customers through multiple order entry systems, with emphasis on error-free order management and same-day order entry.
- You will proactively communicate in a timely manner with external customers about order verification, order status, pricing and shipment status.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a customer facing role
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within 50 miles of Eden Prairie, MN, will be considered.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Experience with order management
- Prior order management systems experience – i.e. MFG/PRO
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite – Excel and Outlook strongly desired
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to understand Sales and Marketing strategies, as well as business unit goals
- Ability to demonstrate data entry skills, including proofreading, MS Word and Excel
- Ability to display team-oriented problem-solving skills and corrective action methodology
- Ability to negotiate
- Ability to demonstrate conflict management skills
- Ability to think out-of-the-box
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time