This is an excellent opportunity for a talented developer to take on a challenging and rewarding assignment in a friendly and flexible environment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Building and enhancing our existing online platform, both back-end and front-end development, including optimizing site layout, functionality and aesthetics
- Delivering a variety of planned web development tasks/projects, advising on appropriate solutions and new opportunities
- Providing timely resolution to reported problems with our website and where appropriate, related systems, plug-ins and solutions.
- Taking project specifications and contributing knowledge/research/best practice to ensure a superior solution is achieved.
- Ensuring all work adheres to current industry best practices.
- Be self-motivated, goal oriented with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with all team members on a formal, informal, written and verbal basis.
- Creation of custom post types, Advanced Custom Fields, creation of plugins/widgets written to conform with WordPress coding standards.
- Creation of clean, logical, well documented and reusable code.
- Good understanding of cross platform and cross browser issues along with experience in creating responsive websites.
- Knowledge of SharePoint Online and Power BI would be beneficial.
- Mastery of CSS3 Flexbox and Grid layouts.
- Familiarity with SVG creation, optimization, and implementation.
- Experience with WordPress Multi-site configurations.
- Ability to templatize complex layouts to enable ease of use in page content modification and creation.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
Interested? Then get in contact with us and be sure to include some links to samples of your work along with a description of your project input.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Electrical Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time