If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Sr. Analyst – BI Data Engineer/Data Scientist based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
• Identifies unique
opportunities to collect new data.
• Designs new processes and builds large, complex data sets.
• Strategizes new uses for data and its interaction with data design.
• Locates new data sources, analyzes statistics and implements quality procedures.
• Performs data studies of new and diverse data sources.
• Finds new uses for existing data sources.
• Conducts statistical modeling and experiment design.
• Discovers “stories” told by the data and presents them to other scientists and business managers.
• Tests and validates predictive models.
• Builds web prototypes and performs data visualization.
• Conducts scalable data research on and off the cloud.
• Implements automated processes for efficiently producing scale models.
• Designs, modifies and builds new data processes.
• Generates algorithms and creates computer models.
• Collaborates with database engineers and other scientists.
• Implements new or enhanced software designed to access and handle data more efficiently.
• Trains the data management team on new or updated procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or ANY OTHERS from an accredited institution
- Five years’ experience working in data mining, Big Data or similar field.
Master’s degree in business analytics or an advanced computer programming field
- Other Skills/Abilities
SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) (optional)
Power BI or Tableau
- Has strong critical thinking skills and the ability to relate them to the products or services the company is producing
- Displays understanding of and ability to use programming languages like Python and SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Shows strong knowledge of basic and advanced prediction models
- Possesses a combination of creative abilities and business knowledge
- Has data mining knowledge that spans a range of disciplines
- Displays superior technical coding abilities
- Possesses strong exploratory analysis skills
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to bridge the gap between data science and business management
- Has the ability to think and research creatively
- Displays exceptional organizational skills and is detail oriented
- Possesses a mastery of statistics, machine learning, algorithms and advanced mathematics, Big Data technologies
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time