Senior Analyst - Data Engineer
Sr. Analyst – BI Data Engineer/Data Scientist
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Its energy-efficient solutions help customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more reliably, safely and sustainably. The company is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton employs 99,000 people worldwide, and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of a our IT team in a large multi-national company. The role offers a broad variety of responsibilities including great learning opportunities.
The primary objective of this position involves understanding requirements as specified in Business requirements definition document (BRD) and building the Data pipeline necessary to support the application using RDBMS , Cloudera and other Enterprise Tools. Must work efficiently independently and/or on teams, working with peers, business in deploying standard practices and continuous improvement initiatives. Partnering with our development team in the terms of design reviews, assist in leading validation from DEV to QA instances, validating unit testing, training literature, mapping of overarching foundational documentation. The candidate must possess strong architecture, analysis, design, delivery, management and communication skills. The individual should be able to identify best practices for leveraging existing architecture and improvements aligned with business and IT needs, working across regional and global teams.
This role will apply analytics “at scale” (meaning Big Data scale in Hadoop, NoSQL environments with advanced SQL query tools) on the data both at rest and in motion, leveraging both desktop tools such as R and in-database tools such as Oracle’s Advanced Analytics application, to provide insights back to our engineering teams and ultimately our customers. This individual will spot trends and evolve our thinking to be more proactive around digital services and potential revenue streams that can be generated from the information
Your essential responsibilities:
• Identifies unique opportunities to collect new data.
• Designs new processes and builds large, complex data sets.
• Strategizes new uses for data and its interaction with data design.
• Locates new data sources, analyzes statistics and implements quality procedures.
• Performs data studies of new and diverse data sources.
• Finds new uses for existing data sources.
• Conducts statistical modeling and experiment design.
• Discovers “stories” told by the data and presents them to other scientists and business managers.
• Tests and validates predictive models.
• Builds web prototypes and performs data visualization.
• Conducts scalable data research on and off the cloud.
• Implements automated processes for efficiently producing scale models.
• Designs, modifies and builds new data processes.
• Generates algorithms and creates computer models.
• Collaborates with database engineers and other scientists.
• Implements new or enhanced software designed to access and handle data more efficiently.
• Trains the data management team on new or updated procedures
If you are:
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or ANY OTHERS from an accredited institution
Five years’ experience working in data mining, Big Data or similar field.
Master’s degree in business analytics or an advanced computer programming field
SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) (optional)
Power BI or Tableau
• Has strong critical thinking skills and the ability to relate them to the products or services the company is producing
• Displays understanding of and ability to use programming languages like Python and SQL (Structured Query Language)
• Shows strong knowledge of basic and advanced prediction models
• Possesses a combination of creative abilities and business knowledge
• Has data mining knowledge that spans a range of disciplines
• Displays superior technical coding abilities
• Possesses strong exploratory analysis skills
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to bridge the gap between data science and business management
• Has the ability to think and research creatively
• Displays exceptional organizational skills and is detail oriented
• Possesses a mastery of statistics, machine learning, algorithms and advanced mathematics, Big Data technologies
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours.
Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time