Graduate Leadership Development Program- Application Engineer
Throughout the training cycle, Eaton’s Engineering Leadership Development Program will provide participants with meaningful projects where individual efforts and contributions are critical to our businesses. Qualified participants will receive multiple opportunities for formal training, networking, and coaching in addition to receiving ongoing formal feedback to evaluate personal progress and identify development opportunities.
- This is a two-year program that involves two 12-month. In an effort to maximize your development, each assignment has the potential to have you placed in different facilities and/or functions during the length of your program. Your assignments will give you multiple opportunities to develop your leadership skills. You will also have the opportunity to interact with and present to Eaton leaders during your assignments.
- Participants will spend one year in the Applications Engineering function. The second year assignment will give participants the opportunity to work in a different role such as: field application engineering, technical sales support engineering, product management role.
- After completion of the program, your experience and newly acquired skills could lead you in a variety of career paths, such as product manager, senior application engineer, engineering team leader
- During the first year as an application engineer you will be responsible:
- for overall training and technical support for MOEM and Residential solutions, including development of training material in conjunction with marketing, delivering customer seminars, internal and external training, tenders (technical information) and supporting the segment sales teams.
- to recommend specification & competitive alternatives for specifications written around competitive products to position Eaton products as functional equivalents.
- evaluate technical aspects of engineering change notes, where required, working with product management, engineering and manufacturing, globally in respect of portfolio extension, deletion and obsolescence, modification, and process improvement.
- establish Customer Success Stories and Application examples for the Segment team.
- for the overall technical integrity of all product literature content that includes features, benefits and performance data.
- recommends improvements, adaptions and alternatives on customer’s solutions.
- receives market feedback from the segment team as an input for the solution map.
- Locations and rotations might include: Hungary, Czech Republic, Austria
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical, mechanical, industrial, industrial & systems, engineering technology, engineering management
- Work or internship experience is a plus (max 3 years of experience
- Geographically flexible, mobile
- Leadership aptitude and/or demonstrated leadership experience within university or community
- Self-motivated and a strong desire to achieve results
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English and another European language
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time