Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Field-Based Warranty Technician on 1st shift to join our team. The position is based at our Wilsonville, OR facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
The Quality Tech will perform Warranty/Field service activities as needed, support the analysis and solution of quality problems, processing/disposition of non-conforming material, preparation of inspection plans and instructions and continuous improvement of Quality process.
- Perform Warranty/Field Service activities as needed. You will be traveling 100% of the time to customer sites in the following states (OR, WA, CA, and CO)
- Develop and maintain robust quality processes, consistent with Eaton Quality Management System, ISO, and Eaton Lean practices by creating Standard Work, Work Instructions, workmanship standards,8D’s and Line Alerts and training operators for same.
- Perform FTY/Rework and root cause analysis, plus create corrective/preventive actions as required to closure of continual improvement
- Be the lead Auditor: Conduct quality audits of equipment and processes, coordinate audit schedules and manage & maintain internal audits & corrective action database.
- Assist on audits with internal or external customers (requirements criteria) to help insure quality and continuous improvement of products. Product audit development, training others and backup.
- Perform quality Control Plan compliance verification, including Crimp verification and Tooling/Gage calibration compliance for area assigned.
- Work with manufacturing area for improvements to lead 8D/error proof teams and defects analysis.
- Perform in-house electrical maintenance and improvement projects.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law
High School Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited school is required
Minimum of 1 year of experience with Measurement Equipment
Minimum of 1-year experience with Basic Electricity
Relocation package not provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Wilsonville, OR in order to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
Must have experience with reading and interpreting wire diagrams and schematics.
Associates degree Engineering
Working Knowledge of Eaton Power Distribution Products
Working Knowledge of Eaton Quality Management System
Knowledge of reading Schematics and Wiring Diagrams
EESS Safety Training
Trained ISO Internal Auditor
Working Knowledge of Eaton IT systems VISTA/CQM/AS400/Enovia
Working Knowledge of Quality Tools/Eaton Lean System/Six Sigma (ELSS) – specially 5S and Error Proofing
Knowledge and use of hand tools
Knowledge of Problem Solving
Experience with Technical Writing
Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
Working Knowledge of MS Office Software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Experience working with test data management systems
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time