Eaton Corporation, a diversified manufacturing company, located at Haina, Dominican Republic, has a job opening to become part of the Design team. The role has the following responsibilities:
Masters the development and check of designs static or dynamic. Design output would include but not limited to modeling conceptual ideas, part drawings, part lists (BOM), assembly drawings, manufacturing instruction drawings or drawings for instruction manuals (publications), MEPs, wiring diagrams, schematics, application of Special Characteristics to drawings, PCB layouts, Labels and , general specifications.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Prepares drawings with provided instructions defined by project team. Produces design layouts and documentation for the construction and testing of prototype models and evaluates designs for fits, tolerance stack, volume, etc., using CAD tools.
- Create and interpret drawings and layout of raw materials, parts, assemblies, schematics, wiring diagrams, publications and specifications set by the manager of the area under the guidance of Marketing, Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Realize changes and additions for existing drawings and diagrams, according to requirements.
- Originates and develops creative conceptual mechanical and/or electrical design layouts, details, assemblies in a complete and accurate manner, providing design inputs.
- Ensure quality compliance of design team in relation with drafting standards & procedures, thru monitoring. Support work distribution as required.
- Identify opportunity for improvement on drafting procedure and deploy to team.
- Understand, masters and mentor team members on the different drafting work as stated on primary function for all levels of complexity.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Drafting or Electronic fields or equivalent experience. Bachelor Degree in Industrial Design, Engineering (Industrial, Mechatronics, Mechanical, Electric, Electronic).
- Minimum three years (or more) experience in engineered design & drafting work involving CAD tools.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish.
- Ability to apply or exercise corporate standards related to mechanical or electrical drafting.
- Computer knowledge: MS Office Applications, Adobe Illustrator and Indesign, AutoCAD, Creo or Pro/E and PCB design software.
- Special knowledge: Fair knowledge of Eaton Electrical products and application of agency standards such as UL, NEMA, NEMA, IEC, CE, NEC, and DEMKO.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time