Order Handler (Off Shift)
Eaton in Pinckneyville, IL is seeking a full-time Order Handler to work an off shift.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will have understanding of Flextray, Fiberglass, and Gratings products.
- You will package materials in Woodshop to support building crates and yokes.
- You will communicate with appropriate production planner to prioritize current orders.
- You will identify, count, sort, package, and tag completed parts for shipment without assistance.
- You will load LTL and flatbed trucks.
- You will read and interpret pick tickets accurately.
- You will assist in material handling in all areas of the plant.
- You will learn basic SAP Shipping functions.
- You will operate powered industrial trucks and cranes in a safe and efficient manner.
- You will operate bander in a safe and efficient manner.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Pinckneyville, IL will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Prior manufacturing experience
- Prior shipping experience
- Requires ability to lift up to 50lbs of variable shapes, without assistance on a daily basis. Must be able to stand on his/her feet for up to 8-10 hours per day. Constant use of hands is essential.
- Follow safety directions for all Fiberglass equipment, lockout/tagout procedures, lifesaving rules, personal protective equipment, general safety rules/practices, etc.
- Perform all 5s and continuous improvement activities. Responsible for keeping work area clean and free from any potential hazards.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No