Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. To find out more about us check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
As the Project Manager you will be a part of the Project Management team, reporting into the Project Services Manager for Eaton. You will work remotely, ideally located around Dublin area where most of our customers are based.
Your main duties :
Proactively providing the highest level of customer service and liaising closely with external and internal stakeholders
Developing sound business relationships with clients based on quality of service, integrity and Eaton values
Managing projects from sales handover through to practical completion & cash collection
- Early identification, assessment, logging and escalation of risk (commercial, technical, scope & timing) and management of that risk through the project delivery cycle.
- Strong proven ability to manage projects within Eaton’s contracted scope of works, generating change/variation orders and improving project margins
- Strong financial acumen in revenue forecasting and cost management, management of contract critical items such as direct and indirect damages, warranty and change orders, cash collection and customer billing cycles
- Demonstrated ability to enforce trading terms and conditions and managing customer expectation in defence of project profit and performance
- Technical familiarity with the Eaton product range and the ability to leverage this knowledge with the client
- Managing the Project technical aspects to meet customer specifications and timelines for products, documentation, and quality
- Utilising to best effect all Eaton and sub-contractor resources assigned to their Project orders
- Continually searching for ways to improve the way we do business, to upgrade existing processes, deploy new initiatives, and recommend new solutions based on analysis and customer trends
Do you have?
- Excellent electrical engineering knowledge
- Degree/Qualification in electrical/electronic engineering
- Good knowledge of as many of the following as possible: MV switchgear, UPS systems, LV switchgear
- Proven Project Management skills and experience, plus formal certification: PMP Certification preferred or CAPM, Prince 2, ITIL or other
- Excellent communication, negotiation and organisational skills
- Excellent skills in using Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office
- Construction, Design and Management (CDM)
- Site Safety Management qualification (SMSTS)
- Strong leadership skills
- Valid driving license and willingness to travel extensively
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales North Europe
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time