Eaton’s Electrical is currently seeking a:
EPC Sales Specification Manager - B-Line (Italy & Spain)
Hiring location: Segrate (MI) - Home office
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As Sales & Specificator Manager, you will be responsible for the execution of Eaton B-Line’s sales and specification efforts with global owners, end-users, EPC’s and key distribution partners within Europe and any other territory deemed necessary by the Project Director. You will work collaboratively with your global project team counterparts and Eaton B-Line’s domestic and international business units to ensure sales growth in the global project market.
The ideal candidate must possess complex engineering knowledge, commercial acumen and polish, with excellent presentation and communication skills. This role involves a significant amount of travel (up to 50%) in the Mediterranean Europe (Italy and Spain primarily).
Your key deliverables:
• Develop and execute a territory sales strategy across western Europe that will drive demand creation and incremental sales for Eaton B-Line.
• Build and maintain key relationships with European based End Users and International EPC’s to define and influence regional project pipeline looking forward up to 5 years in advance.
• Responsibility for planning, organizing and implementing sales specification programs, to deliver long term regional sustainable growth. (lunch and learns)
• Develop productive relationships within strategic distribution partners.
• Work with the Eaton “synergy “sales teams to define target accounts and to develop and execute penetration and growth strategies - “One Eaton Approach”.
• Work with international regulatory agencies and regional sales leadership to ensure Eaton B-Line products are wholly accepted and specified.
• Communicate closely with global marketing team to define appropriate sales and specification tools, develop targeted marketing collateral and presentations, and define competitive landscape.
• Stay abreast of new technology, market developments, appropriate standard societies, and competitor offerings. Report trends and developments to appropriate sales, marketing, and management personnel, across the Global business.
• Support and drive new product releases, promote USP (unique selling proposition) benefits, and identify new/adjacent market development, where applicable.
• Be an advocate of change for opportunities to improve inefficiencies within the business structure.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering field
• Experience with design in petrochemical or process related industries
• Minimum of 7 years of capital equipment specification and sales experience with EPC’s
• Proven change agent with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a very strong English understanding (both written and verbal)
• Good customer sensitivity and customer communication skills
• Experience managing/developing project schedules, budgets, and technical scope
• Practitioner of risk identification and mitigation
• Self-motivated, able to work remotely and with minimal supervision
• Proven analytical/problem solving skills
• Good presentation and facilitation skills
• Ability to handle a substantial workload and multiple complex problems simultaneously
• Flexibility to travel up to 50%
• Proficient computer skills including daily use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
• Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. – if applicable
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time