Receptionist/Campus Administrative Assistant
Eaton’s Vehicle Group has an immediate opening for a Receptionist/Campus Administrative Assistant in Southfield, Michigan.
The primary function of this position is to provide administrative support and reception for the Southfield campus.
Acts as receptionist for the Southfield campus. Duties include answering and transferring calls, welcoming guests and ensuring proper sign-in process, maintenance of phone list and text message system, e-mail list updates, badges for contractors & new hires, offering beverages for visitors, ensuring lobby is neat and presentable at all times.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will work with security to ensure lobby is properly manned. Assist with security cameras as needed.
- You will execute site communication plan. This includes uploading communication monitors, sending campus wide emails and postings, planning and coordinating general meetings, etc. as required. Duties include scheduling meetings in Outlook, ordering food when necessary, working with IT to ensure meetings start on schedule, taking notes, room setup, and other duties associated with coordinating meetings. Meetings include site leadership meeting, all employee meetings, and other onsite meetings.
- You will act as a liaison for Southfield leadership in handling inquiries and executing communications.
- You will manage pool car process and administration. This includes ensuring maintenance, cleaning, insurance, registration, tracking driver’s eligibility, and process ownership.
- You will own the process for out of town visitors. Assist with scheduling transportation, hotels, and events. Communicate other local activities and attractions.
- You will work with facilities to ensure that areas are neat and professional for all new hires and visitors. This includes ensuring offices are ready for new hires, putting in work orders to add/remove office furniture, managing name plates, and documenting office moves.
- You will assist the site in ordering supplies when needed (Office, PPE, pool car supplies, etc.)
- You will perform and compile reporting according to needs. Contributes to creation of department presentations as requested, utilizing Eaton’s internal systems, tools, and templates. Organizes and maintains departmental records, reports and office equipment. Supports miscellaneous reporting when required utilizing Excel.
- You will provide administrative support in confidential and sensitive situations.
- You will assist with additional administrative support for teams without assistance with duties such as processing invoices and travel expense reports utilizing Eaton’s internal systems and tools, ordering supplies, and supporting meetings. Includes purchase requisition creation and assisting with invoice handling.
- You will comply with the policies, procedures, and expectations outlined by Eaton’s Management System for the Environment, Safety, Security, and Health (MESH) and Quality Management Systems. Maintain Contractor Certificate of Liability Insurance records, Contractor responsibility forms record, and current contractors list
- You will assist with overall campus support as needed. Examples may include: providing meal tickets, managing 5S sales, PPE administration, creating standardized name plates, contractor management, assisting with engagement, wellness, and community service events, supporting document destruction process for campus, etc.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years' office experience or bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship
- No relocation is offered for this position. Only candidates located within 50 miles of Southfield, MI will be considered for this position.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Previous experience as an administrative assistant
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail and sense of urgency in completing tasks accurately and efficiently
- Ability to effectively manage confidential information & data
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Business Services
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No