Material Handler, Receiving 1st Shift
- You will retrieve appropriate styles & quantities of material from warehouse locations using appropriate picking process. Place materials in containers, visually inspecting product, verifying with scanning equipment if required, verify accuracy of product count. Utilizing same skills restock/replenish.
- You will operate reach truck, forklifts, pallet jacks, and other equipment in the execution of duties. Ensures safety guidelines are met in operating the equipment.
- You will unload and stage pallets of materials in appropriate areas of Receiving. Utilize packing slips to generate print move tickets, breakdown material, sort styles, verify count and restock appropriate warehouse locations via use of LXE computers to scan material, styles, location and re-verify count.
- You will verify styles and quantities of materials picked. Visually inspect products, scanning and place in shipping carton. Place packing material in shipping carton to minimize potential of product damage during shipping. Place packing lists, content labels and shipping labels where appropriate.
- You will verify styles and quantities of materials picked, checking styles, quantities and diverting to shrink wrap or shipping lane. Generate appropriate shipping labels and load onto designated carrier.
- Resolve discrepancies. Research all possible solutions to ensure order is accurate
- You will follow written and oral instructions. Adhere to all company policies and procedures including practice of good housekeeping.
- You will maintain quality workmanship, observe safety procedures, report unsafe acts and perform work of equal of lower classification if necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED from accredited institution
- Relocation is not provided. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of Duncan, SC will be considered.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Previous forklift and/or order picker operation experience
- One year of experience in a warehouse/distribution center environment
- Must be able to work specific shift hours and have flexibility to work overtime based on customer demand
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES AMER HQ MFGSC
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No