Eaton’s Power Delivery Division is currently seeking an ETO Engineer to join our team! This position is based at our Waukesha, WI facility.
The primary responsibility of this position is the design of high quality Regulator products at minimum cost while meeting or exceeding internal and external customer requirements and expectations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will create simple to moderate complexity custom Regulator product designs in accordance with established practices and industry and company standards. Create detailed layouts, bills of material, detail/assembly and customer approval drawings.
- You will meet ETO (Engineer to Order) design OTTC and error level metrics.
- You will execute Engineering Product Definition Data (PDD) changes via formal Engineering Change Notice (ECN) process. Review Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) and/or Change/Hold/Cancellation Requests (CHCs).
- You will collaborate with Marketing and Proposals by reviewing specifications to understand customer requirements.
- You will provide technical support to Marketing regarding sales inquiries, customer problems, equipment application and engineering analysis.
- You will estimate cost and design effort for complex new products and systems.
- You will provide technical support to and maintain liaison with Scheduling, Purchasing, Manufacturing Engineering, Production Control, Quality Assurance, and Operations regarding issues with custom designs.
- You will support Manufacturing Engineering and Operators to achieve OTTC metrics with successful production and testing of new custom designs.
- You will drive root cause analysis and resolution of customer complaints and material non-conformance issues.
- You will make recommendations for product and process improvements and define and implement improvement projects to increase team efficiency.
- You will contribute ideas for Value Add/Value Engineering (VA/VE) projects.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution to be completed no later than June 2019.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Experience with custom engineering design and processes
- Experience in creating, loading, and storing engineering designs within an ERP system, preferably SAP
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of CAD (2D and 3D) tools with mechanical or electromechanical systems. Knowledge of industry recognized drafting and CAD standards, practices and procedures.
- Familiarity with FEA, modeling, detailing and layout drafting techniques is desired.
- Knowledge of power systems, voltage regulator or distribution/power transformer products/applications, and/or industrial automation/controls is desired.
- Ability to excel as a team player by successfully collaborating with engineering peers as well as cross-functional personnel to ensure custom designs meet customer expectations.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time