Eaton’s Fluid & Electrical Distribution Division is currently seeking a Deburr Operator to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
The Deburr Operator will be responsible for deburring
metal coupling components. Core hours for this position are on 2nd shift.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Remove the raised edge or small piece of material remaining attached to the coupling using deburring tools such as a grinder/sander
- Run 1/16 hole operation machine using pre-programmed command buttons
- Perform tumbling and mechanical polishing, as well as reaming and counter sink operations
- Use measurement tools such as a caliper
- Be capable of interpreting technical drawings in accordance with standard shop practices
- Train new and temporary employees on processes
- Participate in continuous improvement of processes
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent from accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of (enter location) will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- 1 year of assembly or deburring experience
- 2 years of manufacturing experience
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to use the computer
- Read and comprehend specifications, engineering drawings and manufacturing routings
- Position requires exposure to oil, dirt, and heat
- Will need to wear safety glasses, ear plugs and steel toed shoes for entire shift
- Ability to stand, sit, move 8-12 hours a day
- Ability to lift up to 35lbs on a regular basis
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No