Finance and Accounting Manager
Eaton’s Power Distribution Controls & Assemblies division is currently seeking a Finance and Accounting Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Fayetteville, NC facility.
The Finance and Accounting Manager is responsible for managing, developing, coordinating and controlling all Accounting and Business Systems activities of the Fayetteville plant. In this role, you will insure policies, procedures, systems, and controls for the recording and reporting of financial operations are adhered to without deviation. Maintain effective and open communication with all departments to enhance teamwork and profitability. Participate in the preparation of month end closing, rolling forecasts, balance sheet reconciliations, profit plan and strategic plan. Interpret and prepare analysis of operating results versus budgeted plans and forecasts as requested. Participate in formulation of any required corrective actions and ad-hoc analysis requests.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will direct the accounting organization in accordance with generally accepted accounting procedures and corporate policy related to: maintaining financial accounts and records, preparing and issuing of financial statements, invoicing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, evaluating and accounting for all inventories - including a physical inventory count, and administering retention and disposition of plant records.
- You will partner with the IT department in a manner to ensure correct, concise and timely information. Coordinate the development of new processes and the modification of existing processes to meet plant and Division objectives.
- You will provide direction to operations and leadership teams in pursuit of business goals and plant objectives. Implement and evaluate the effect of accounting systems changes in practice and/or procedure as required by changes within the plant or division's operations, or as disseminated by Corporate or Division Headquarters.
- You will review all of the plant's financial statements and reports with the Plant Controller to aid the strategic decision making process and to remedy any significant problems.
- You will develop, guide, motivate, and train efficient and effective individuals to meet plant and division objectives. Provide highly qualified replacements for other departments in the division and business unit.
- You will maintain creditability and reliability in financial and informational data furnished to plant management for use in decision making.
- You will motivate employees and provide paths for them to attain more successful and rewarding positions.
- You are responsible for the implementation and deployment of actions to ensure an adequate environment of internal control. Provide compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and all applicable statutory requirements as they apply to their areas of responsibility.
- You will lead department activities related to process improvements and standard work. Assist in maintaining an atmosphere of continuous improvement and team efforts for accomplishing department and plant goals.
- You will lead with the Plant Controller, the preparation of the Profit Plan each year for both ledgers and present to division.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of three (3) years professional progressive experience in Accounting or Finance related positions.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- MBA or CMA degree
- Broad business knowledge including experience in strategic decision making, monthly planning, accounting, and manufacturing IT systems.
- Experience with internal and external Audits.
- Previous experience managing or leading others.
- Display technical and conceptual knowledge of accounting, finance, economics, and Eaton’s business systems.
- Maintain strong adherence to corporate policies and procedures when reporting fixed assets, current assets, and liabilities.
- Use of advanced software skills including Microsoft Office, VISTA, and AS/400.
- Demonstrate maturity, strong business acumen, intelligence, professionalism, proven writing and speaking skills, understanding of accounting concepts, plus the ability to deal effectively, persistently, cooperatively, and persuasively with others.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico