UPS Channel Sales Representative
Develop and maintain customer database by systematically and continuously calling at customers with the specific view of promoting PQ products and services. Keep customers updated with regards to changes and or updates that Eaton may install from time to time.
Identify opportunities so that our products and services can be offered to satisfy applications, offer solutions and provide customers with appropriate level of technical and total cost of ownership advice so they can evaluate and make competitive decision. Gather market intelligence, and benchmark against or competition to know and understand the market.
- Achieve sales based on allocated target while keeping in the bounds of Eaton’s route to market strategy, with in Western Cape.
- Keep yourself informed and updated with Eaton’s products and rote to market strategy, specifically those in range of your main area of responsibility.
- Ability to manage and promote channels sales via a distribution model, which includes joint calls with our distribution channel partners to End users, IT resellers and value added resellers.
- Ability to prepare tenders and proposals using MS Office, eg: word and excel.
- Have good Commercial Knowledge.
- Prepare presentations to clients on product offerings and technologies.
- Develop and Maintain a Customer Base, including the establishment of an electrical wholesale channel for UPS units below 60kVA.
- Technical Knowledge of 1-phase UPS experience.
- A commercial or marketing diploma with electrical sales experience Presentation Skills, Public Speaking
- Good understanding of IT channel or EWS route to Market
- Proven track record in managing and directing a highly skilled, motivated, successful and results-orientated team.
- Strong leadership qualities with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and changing market environment.
- At least 3 years sales experience in IT channel or Electrical distribution channel sales
- Ability to coach and train individuals, Presentation Skills, Public Speaking
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time