Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
The primary function of this role is leading deployment of Continuous Improvement vision and strategy for Havant & Warwick. This includes Lean and Six Sigma process deployment, training, and mentoring at the plant level. This role is a key member of the plant staff and ensures a plant culture of Continuous Improvement and Lean that is then leveraged to drive change. Job duties support the creation and implementation of Lean and Six Sigma strategies, which will lead to improvements in areas such as factory margins, product delivery performance, employee safety and reductions in product/process variation. Note that the primary function of this role includes but is not limited to the manufacturing operations of the plants.
Your key deliverables:
You will work through the leadership team to lead the development and implementation of the site Lean and Six Sigma strategy, actions, and cross-functional activities including Rapid Improvement Events (RIEs)
You will provide site Continuous Improvement training including Lean and Six Sigma training
Conducts Eaton Lean System (ELS) assessments and identify performance gaps. Works through the leadership team to prioritize improvement activities and close gaps
Provides Lean and Six Sigma support across the organization to drive short-term and long-term business improvements
You will utilize Lean and Six Sigma tools to eliminate waste driving customer satisfaction, cost reduction, and improved working capital performance
You will lead the continuous improvement (Lean and Six Sigma) team. Assists in improvement activities including training, mentoring, facilitating Kaizen events, Six Sigma projects, tool deployment, benchmarking, etc.
Provides site Lean and 6 Sigma Mentoring to support of functional talent development and succession planning
You will work with Regional/Divisional CI Manager to ensure alignment of plant CI activities to broader functional strategy and vision
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• Formal training/certification in Lean (5S, Standard work, Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Setup Reduction (SUR), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Lean Material Flow (LMF) and 6 Sigma
• Experience in implementing Lean in Low volume High mix type product environment
• Proficiency in using Excel
• Experienced Lean and 6 Sigma trainer and mentor
• Excellent communication skills
• Proven capability to lead change in a team environment.
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects/activities across multiple sites
• People management experience
• Engineering background
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Competitive compensation and benefits package (flexible working hours, wellness program, healthcare system)
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team.
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible.
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us.
• Inclusion& Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully.
•Learning& Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
(Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. – if applicable)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time