Sr Manager Data Management #070107
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Sr Manager Data Management in Eaton’s Electrical business, based in Pondicherry, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton’s Electrical business.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Formulates and implements strategies with the aim of achieving world class standards in Data
- Management, to improve efficiency, and minimise costs across all the India and EMEA plants & associated PIM systems.
- Co-ordinates the effective use of SAP/ PLM / Solid Works / Acad and associated software. Enabling the effective and controlled sharing of data across the whole of PIM & customer facing systems.
- Provide effective training and support for users in all systems that affect, store or deliver data, co-ordinate the production of, the delivery of training material to ensure maximum benefit from the ERP / PDM / PIM systems and associated software, for all users.
- Advising the business on best practice, developing and implementing new software and practices that complement and enhance existing data systems, allowing for the continuous improvement of storing and accessing data.
- Liaise with Plant Management teams, Engineering and Quality leads, to ensure that routings reference all the appropriate information for effective management and quality systems. Including the storing / referencing of all standard work instructions / Tooling / quality information relevant to the repeatability of product production.
- Implement and manage appropriate standards for the use of all drawing software. Liaising with the Business, to leverage technology advances to the best effect for the Business.
- Ensure that low cost solutions are used to the best effect to further the needs of the India & EMEA IEC locations. Ensuring that teams in India are manned appropriately to meet all business requirements.
- Ensure that the ERP system is controlled in an effective manner to ensure that cost positions are maintained in India plant remain effective when measured against routing step times. Ensure that cost variances are minimised and controlled.
- Manage an effective Engineering Change Management system to service the requirements of the combined India/ IEC businesses. Ensure that conformance is adhered to, supplying GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE by ensuring timely completion of activities. Assist with the Development for work flow and future enhancements to allow for a flexible and responsible systems, taking into account the move towards digitization and customer facing information.
If you are:
- BE/B.Tech Electrical /Mechanical
- 10 - 13 years of experience. Demonstrated understanding of SAP / PLM / PIM /ECM/ drawing software with Management Skills and working experience on Matrix Organization Reporting structure.
- Strong functional Knowledge in SAP PP, MM Module and Oracle.
- Strong functional knowledge on PLM & PDM.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ECM / PIM systems and drawing software / practices.
- Project Management Skills
- Experience in Solid works and AutoCAD a strong plus
- Strong data analytical & Problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge in Lean and 6 Sigma and 5S.
- Good interpersonal skills and planning ability
- High level of attention to detail
- Highly ethical and able to work across Multiple countries functional teams
- Advance MS Excel, PIM software
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: PQD India
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time