Eaton’s Fuel and Motion Control Systems division is currently seeking a Lead Electrical Engineer. This position can be based at either our Grand Rapids or Southfield, MI aerospace facilities. The Lead Electrical Engineer is responsible for lead electronic controls and architecture design activities during the development of systems and sub-systems.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Manage requirements and compliance, develop electronic architectures, develop designs, perform system modeling & analysis, lead internal design reviews and supplier reviews, provide testing and verification oversight for electronic system and motor control products
- Develop and manage requirement specifications for controller level, board level, and components level, and associated verification specifications.
- Perform electronic development tasks like system architecture and circuit design to ensure compliance of all functional, performance, and environmental requirements.
- Model and review electronic circuits and architectures using tools such as PSpice, Matlab/Simulink.
- Research, recommend, innovate, architect, and evaluate new electronic technology and designs.
- Work with and support mechanical, electrical, software, firmware, test, motor, and specialty engineers to develop products, leading small development teams of up to 10 people.
- Serves as the technical lead for customer interface, LRM SOW/Specification generation for components, material presentation for design focused meetings.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience motor controller design experience
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience with analog and digital electronic circuit design and development
- Experience with electromechanical actuator design
- Experience in electronic load management design
- Experience in electronic system fault diagnostics and reporting
- Experience with serial communication (RS422. RS232, CAN, ARINC429)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time