Director Operations, Power & Motion Controls, Hydraulics Americas
The Director Operations, Power & Motion Controls will provide strategic oversight for manufacturing operations for the Power & Motion Controls (PMC) of the Hydraulics Group-Americas Operations, including 8 manufacturing facilities and annual sales revenue of $566 million. In addition to oversight of manufacturing facilities, this position will provide directions on quality, material planning and continuous improvement for PMC.
Key roles and responsibilities include
- Develop and deploy improvement actions related to key High 5 metrics including OTD, DOH, Safety, Productivity, CONC, Employee Engagement, and overall manufacturing effectiveness;
- Develop and deploy manufacturing work models focusing on global and scalable lean initiatives, standardized process control, strategy and support for manufacturing excellence;
- Provide oversight for total quality systems through the deployment and sustainment of the Eaton Quality System. Drive continuous improvement in the quality systems across the Hydraulics Americas-PMC organization;
- Develop and execute strategic sourcing model and materials organization that enhance total customer satisfaction through commodity expertise in technology, quality, responsiveness and supplier relationship building. Support customer platform initiatives;
- Achieve business objectives for material productivity improvement, supplier quality / delivery improvement and new program/product launches;
- Develop and implement suitable capital expenditure, cost reduction, and manpower programs;
- Support manufacturing strategy focusing on footprint rationalization, supply chain optimization strategy, continuous improvement strategy, and quality improvement strategy supporting profitable growth for PMC including operations in Mexico;
- Contribute to the overall Eaton goals including growth, profitability, and new product development;
- Attract, hire, retain, and develop strong, diverse management teams capable of supporting future needs of the business and corporation.
Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering related field required
- Minimum of 15 years of diversified multi-plant managerial experience with a manufacturer of industrial engineered components.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability in strategic process creation and implementation
- Management and development of Operational Excellence function throughout an operation and across an organization including functional groups
- Advanced knowledge of lean manufacturing systems processes, products, and customers
- Strong background in goal deployment, strategic planning and building organizational capability.
- Technically proficient in all areas of manufacturing management, OpEx, supply chain management, and quality systems
- Extensive global experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional team
- MBA or master’s Degree
Experience managing multi-functions: Finance, quality, purchasing and manufacturing
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Executive
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time